Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going out in Bangkok

What a crazy past couple of days! We check out of the Siam Kempinski (sad day) and made our way over to the Evergreen! This is the hotel/apartments that we will be living in for the rest of our time here. It is really nice to be able to be in the same place. I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable being here. We haven't done much over the past two days. We spent time lounging by the pool and taking advantage of the  nice weather. We want to go and do some sight seeing soon, but we found out yesterday that once we get our student ID most of the tourist places are free! Thats a price I like.

Last night we went out to Khoasan Rd again. The place with all the foreigners, or farangs as they call us. Hannah and I bought a pint of Hong Thong (Thai whiskey) and split it. The funny thing about Thai whiskey is that it is actually rum. They think its whiskey but its not. It's sweet. after that we grabbed a cab and went out. We sat at this little bar on the side of the road and our friend Christian ordered 6 vodka buckets!

 This is a picture of the buckets that we bought. They are literally sand castle buckets! wayyyyy too much alcohol last night. We met some really cool people at bar. If I remember right, two french guys who ended up buying us all roses that the little kids were selling. It was nice to try and practice my french, though I really don't know how well I did. I think he was just being nice by saying I spoke it really well. At some point we ended up in some club dancing for a while. Then about 2am we hopped in a cab and headed home. It was one crazy night!

Today is a lazy/hung over day, I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be a spa day! For a 2 hour traditional thai message and a 1 hour foot message its 700 Baht! thats $23!! Definitely worth the money!

More to come when we start our sight seeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment