Friday, August 5, 2011

Living it up in the Evergreen

So it's been a couple of days, but Hannah and I have been living it up in the Evergreen! Its been really nice to get here before everyone else! We scooped up the MASTER bedroom in our apartment! I mean hey, we were here first right? :D Pictures will be up on Facebook lata.

We spent the last couple of days laying by the pool and getting ready for school! We opened our bank accounts today and finally got the last part of our school uniforms! We will for sure be putting up "first day of school" pictures. :D It's kinda nice having uniforms. We don't have to think about what to wear to school and if we look cool or not. haha. I've noticed the women here are waaaaay more adapt at fashion than Hannah or I. We are so used to going to school in yoga pants and sweatshirts and that shit don't fly here! haha.

We have a pretty nice set up here at the Evergreen. The past couple of days, we have made friends with the door man names Samai! He's the coolest! he always makes sure we get a good price on cabs and always makes sure we are taken care of. I really like him. Today we met a couple of other students that will be studying at Chula as well! They are all from Germany I think. They are actually our neighbors! we met them down at the pool when we went to lay out. Super nice guys, if I remember their names right its Lukas, Tobias, aaaand the other guy I couldn't remember or pronounce his name so I call him Martin. He said that would be fine! haha. It's nice to finally be seeing other students in the program and who we will be spending time with the next couple months.

Hannah and I want to plan trips with other people so that it is cheaper.

Tonight our friend Christine invited us to a bar crawl with some students from ASU (Arizona State!). Its 300 baht for a wrist band and 100 baht for each drink. ( for references thats 10 dollars for a wrist band and about 3 dollars a drink). But she also said that if we have the wrist band we will get free drinks as well. Sounds good to me!! I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow....

Love from Bangkok

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment