Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life in the Big City

So I haven't posted for a while, sorry guys, but thats because life is just chugging away like normal here in Bangkok. I'm started to get used to the smell and the RAIN! You would think, coming from Oregon that I would already be used to the rain, but not here. It's crazy! the HEAVIEST rain I've ever seen! And the most amazing thunderstorms I've ever heard.

I am constantly amazed at people's ability to survive in the most hopeless of situations. People live on the streets here, sleeping on the "front porch" of 7-11 and are still able to smile at you in the morning. The people are so happy here! It truly is the land of smiles! The more I travel around the world, the more I realize how amazingly lucky I am to have a house to go home to and an amazing support system who will always make sure I'm ok.

My classes are going amazing! Its so cool to be able to take similar classes as I have taken in the states and see them from a completely different perspective. I love that many of the teachers here bring in marketing executives and guest speakers to teach the classes every once in a while. My global marketing class is actually taught but the CEO of Marketing for PepsiCo in SouthEast Asia! It's really cool to hear real life experiences of the theories and practices that we learn about in class.

This weekend we are going to an island called Kho Chang (Kho = Island, Chang = elephants, hence it is the island of the elephants!) I will for sure be spending money to go elephant trekking through the forrest on the back of an elephant! I can't wait to get out of the city and spend time on a quiet beach that smells good! I can't explain how amazing that's going to be. I will for sure be putting pictures up as soon as I get back!

Life is still going good here!
Will update more when I get back

No comments:

Post a Comment