Monday, September 5, 2011

Life as we know it

Life here in Bangkok is going along fairly steady! Nothing too exciting going on. Sorry it's been so long since I last wrote! Just been living the life! Class are going really well and I'm starting to get ready for midterm exams! It's crazy to think that my time here is almost half way done! (well not really cause I have about 3 1/2 months left). But its close! Last Saturday, our school planned a field trip for us to the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya! It was absolutely beautiful and an amazing way to get out of the city. Only a half and hour away and a great way to get some peace and quiet. I will for sure be going back! I am going to upload some pictures that come from a variety of days. I just haven't gotten the chance to upload them and sit down and write a blog post. The first pictures are from shopping on Khoasan rd, which has the best shopping that we have seen since being here. 



After some very rigorous shopping on Khoasan Rd, we decided it was necessary to get some foot massages! May I add that they were $3 for a half an hour?! haha


We also saw some guy practicing for a Thai boxing match!


This is a rainbow that we saw outside of our room! It was absolutely beautiful and I don't think the picture actually does it justice. 


The pool we swim in everyday after class! It's nice to have a pool to jump in after sweating all day.


Action shot from Hannah!


We saw elephants walking around in the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya!


Just good ol' Tobs


Hannah again in front of a beautiful buddha!


I am not really sure what these are, but they were all over the place at the Wat that we went and visited. (Wat is what they call temples here in Thailand)


This was a HUGE buddha that we saw in one of the temples! As you can see its all gold and probably about 2 stories tall! It was beautiful. 

On Thursday we leave for Koh Phangan for the full moon festival!! Actually technically I won't be attending the actually party (which is on the 12th) but there are parties every day up until the actual party so I will still be getting the same experience, just with not as many people which I like. I will be coming back home on Monday morning just in time for class. I will for sure be missing class, but I think Maria, my roommate, and I will be saving those for our trips up to Chiang Mai and possibly Loas. I am pretty excited for those trips. 

Today I got a care package from one of my best friends, Mattie Sheik!! She is so amazing. She sent me pictures of her and I, one of her and Jer Bear (her amazing boyfriend) and some with me and her absolutely adorable baby nephew Brock!! I love him :D

I will write more when I get back from my travels this weekend and I'm sure that I will have plenty of pictures and stories for the blog!!

Love from Bangkok!!

Dani






No comments:

Post a Comment