Monday, September 12, 2011

Full Moon and Koh Phangan!

Oh my gosh! What a weekend! It is difficult to explain in words what this weekend was all about. It was crazy, unbelievable, and probably one of the most non-relaxing weekends of my life! (comparable to Shasta weekend for those of you who know. On Thursday morning, bright and early (no really, we got up at left the hotel at 5am) My German friend, Dominik and I boarded a plane destined for the Island of Koh Phangan. Well actually technically the city of Surat Thani where I would then get on a bus for a hour and a half, jump on a ferry for 2 and a half hours and THEN finally arrive at the island. Let me tell you I was so happy that I bought an airplane ticket instead of a 15 hour train ticket.

The day started good, got down there in about 5 hours, then headed to the beach to catch some rays and explore the island. We stayed at a hotel called Same Same which is owned by two Danish girls who came down for a full moon party about 5 years ago (I think) and ended up staying. How they did that I have no idea because believe you me, when Sunday rolled around I was real ready to get back to the city. Anyways, Hannah made all the arrangements for our stay and we were going to be staying in a 16 person, dorm room style accommodation. Alright, cool enough. I've lived in a sorority for 2 years so I know I can handle that. I mean isn't that a 50 person accommodation anyways? I'm ready. Well what I wasn't ready for was 3 straight nights of crazy partying and staying up to God knows how late. I never carried my phone around because our hotel was so close to the beach, and it wasn't worth loosing it or even worse forgetting I had it and jumping in the ocean. By the time Dominik and I reached the island, I found out that my roommate Maria and our other friend Tyson were only 30 minutes behind us. So we got on our bathing suits and decided to play some pool while we waited. Once they got there, it was off to grab some beers and head to the beach. Little did we know that one beer would lead to another which would then lead to a bucket (of alcohol) then lead to a huge party on the beach. (when I say little did I know, lets be honest. I knew :D)

By the time that Hannah and Lizette show up we were quite.... how should I say it, happy. The party was great! Running up and down the beach going from one show to the other. There were fire dancers and fire jump ropers. There was a foam party on one end of the beach and a dance party on the other. We decided to play in the foam all night running from the foam to the water and back again all night long. It was a lot of fun.

The next day, we woke up kinda early (my fault woops) and decided to grab some breakfast and head to the beach. It was a beautiful day and I was happy to get out in the sun. We laid out in the sun for a while and then decided to explore the town some more. My friend Jan-Maarten and I decided to rent some motorbikes and ride around for a little bit. After about an hour, I got tired went back home while he rode around some more. I slept for a little bit then decided to go out and find the others. The rest of the nights are all about the same thing. Once it started getting dark, we would go find ourselves a bucket and paint ourselves in highlighter color paint.

The next day, Maria and I decided to go on a boat tour around the island. We say many beautiful beaches and destinations, but unfortunately it started pouring down rain at the beginning of the trip. We turned our frowns upside and decided we were going to make the most of it anyways. It was a really fun trip and I was really happy to spend time with Maria. She's awesome. On Sunday, Dominik and I headed to the main land (he was my travel buddy cause I don't feel that comfortable traveling alone.) We caught a flight home the next day and made it home just in time for classes. It was an interesting weekend and we really nice to spend time on such a beautiful beach. But I am seriously lacking sleep so I will leave it at that. This weekend Maria and I are thinking about doing a small 2 day trip somewhere close. More to come on that!

Miss you all!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment