Monday, July 25, 2011

Packing success!!


    A success for Dani! After packing and unpacking multiple times, I have finally condensed down the amount of clothes and STUFF I am taking to Thailand. It includes a backpacking backpack and a smaller suitcase. I have to say I am quite proud of this accomplishment. I am a notorious for overpacking. You just never know what you may need! And I have to admit I found room in that backpack for a blazers jersey and an oregon state jersey. (you never know when you might need one of those). But besides those I have the basic necessities. :D It may help that there is going to be a lot of shopping done while I'm over there but I am currently living by my mom's old saying, "whatever we forgot is for sissies!". I can remember many a family vacation of forgotten items of food or clothing that were ALWAYS for sissies. 
   Take off day is in less than 48 hours!! Last night I had troubles sleeping because I was so excited and because it was my last night in Corvallis :(. On Wednesday morning at 6:30AM Hannah and I will be taking off from PDX. Silly us for booking a flight so early in the morning but it ends up being not too bad after all. We get into Bangkok at approximately 12pm on the 29th of July. Our friends Mook and Toon will be picking us up from the airport! I am so grateful that they are doing that because when I was talking to Toon, he said that there is no way you can protect yourself from getting ripped off by the taxi and tuk-tuk drivers. If you don't know either Thai or Bangkok itself they are going to drive you around to jack up the price. So we are very thankful that they are picking us up. 

Well thats all for now! Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so I will be spending the day with the fam then off to the airport at 4am!

See you all in Bangkok!

Dani

1 comment:

  1. AHHH I cannot wait!!! It is so close finally!! Ill see you at the airport :)

    ReplyDelete