Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey guys!
Hannah and I have 8 days until we leave this country. It is starting to get down to the wire! We were going to go get our student visas today but unfortunately I forgot my passport down in Corvallis. Looks like I'll be making the trip down there today to pick it up. Last minute shopping seems to be the best idea for me at this point. Yesterday I went and got some curly hair stuff for very humid climates. I've been watching the climate lately. I am looking forward to the 90 degrees and thunderstorms weather. NOT! My hair is going to be a curly out of control mess for 5 months. But hey, can't complain too much right? I'm in Thailand! Our first couple of days will be spent in a hotel in Bangkok. We have no plans as of right now just to explore the city when we get there. I have two goals while I am there though. One is going to this Tiger Temple. http://www.tigertemplethailand.com/tours_tiger_temple_thailand.html. It looks so fun! These monks take in the tigers and somehow they are tame. It's an all day exploration! I can't wait to pet tigers. Definitely going to get a picture of that. My second goal is to go to this place where my friend Megan worked for a couple of months. http://www.elephantnaturepark.org/. Its an elephant sanctuary where you can be sure that the elephants are treated right. They live good lives and aren't forced to work in the cities. They aren't mistreated and they love their lives. I'm excited to see that. Once we have some plans I will keep posting on here. I have a feeling that we wont figure out what we want to do until we get there which is fine by me. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Until next time
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment